Thursday 17 June 2010

the beginning

It was almost a year ago when my journey as a step mom started. I must admit I came totally unprepared. I did not know how to cook, use the vacuum, the microwave oven, dishwasher and the list goes on and on and on... It was relatively easy to know the how to's but what threw me of slightly was the fact that these children were brought up differently to the way I was brought up and to the way I wanted to bring my son up. Culture clash to the max! My husband screams and gets frustrated with them because that's the only way he could get through them.
They weren't like that whenever i'd see them prior to the wedding. Their behaviour was at it's absolute best. It was such a shock to me as to how they really where when I moved in. They'd be throwing tantrums left and right, howl like wolves when crying -- I swear the people two blocks away could hear them, taking a bath seemed like a punishment, asking them to go to bed at a reasonable time was deemed as a castigation, changing clothes made me feel like I owe them big time because I won't have too many clothes to wash. Yes, they do have their sweetie moments and adoring ways...at the end of the day, the good things still outweigh the bad ones. It's not their fault that they are what they currently are like, it would have to be up to me and my husband to try and change their bad ways and point them in the right direction..that's why I am mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment